The holidays are important to children and families at Tanager, and you are an essential part of making this time of year magical for children in our care. Your gifts allow us to continue our mission to inspire, empower and heal children, young adults and families.
With #GivingTuesday right around the corner on November 29, there is no better time than now to fulfill your annual philanthropic goals. You can join a global movement and make a gift this #GivingTuesday that leaves a lasting impact on our families. Make your gift on November 29
At Tanager, we make it easy to make an impact. We accept a variety of gift types, allowing you to give in a way that makes sense for you. Here is a few ways you can participate on #GivingTuesday:
- Volunteer your time! Volunteers are needed on long-term and short-term basis, year round. More info here.
- In-kind gifts
- Winter coats, hats, gloves.
- Tickets or gift cards to area attractions like Spare Time Entertainment, Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Speedeez Indoor Karting, AirFX, Cedar Rapids Kernel, Marcus Cedar Rapids Cinema
- Stocks: This is a gift that is mutually beneficial. We receive the full value of your stock, while you avoid paying taxes on that amount.
- QCD’s (Qualified Charitable Distributions): These don’t add to your taxable income, and allow you to meet your required minimum withdrawal for the year.
- Bequests: Making a gift in your will costs you nothing today and allows you to leave a legacy beyond your lifetime. Contact us if you have questions about this opportunity.
- Cash: This is an easy way to make an impact to our mission immediately.
$25 Gives us enough to buy 5 winter hats.
$50 Provides art supplies for 1 program for 1 month.
$75 Sponsors one child’s holiday gift.
$100 Gives us enough to purchase 4 individual tickets to AirFX.
Donations can be dropped off or mailed to 2309 C St SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404.