This workshop will assist play therapists in deepening their knowledge regarding trauma and adverse childhood experiences, and how to assist with processing this trauma in play therapy sessions. Participants will learn ways to identify and assess for childhood adversity as well as resilience factors. Participants will explore different play therapy theories in regards to addressing trauma, and will reflect upon what theory fits well with their views and practice. Participants will learn techniques and core practices to implement in play therapy to foster resilience, hope and well-being in clients while processing difficult experiences.
- Attendees will identify the impact of trauma and adverse childhood experiences and its implications in play therapy.
- Attendees will describe various play therapy theories beliefs in regards to treating and processing trauma.
- Attendees will describe key indicators influencing resilience and its implications in play therapy and identify ways to assess for these.
- Attendees will identify and practice play therapy techniques aimed to foster experiences related to resilience, hope and well-being.
- Attendees will identify and practice play therapy techniques aimed to process trauma.
APT Approved Provider 16-457