In this workshop, you will spend time learning the applications and use of expressive arts within the play therapy room. You will learn a variety of expressive arts therapy modalities and how to integrate them into directive play therapy theories. You will learn everything you need to know about the use of expressive arts in play therapy, including, how to set up the space for an expressive arts experience, how to invite clients to the experience and how to be a witness and space holder while clients are utilizing the form of expressive arts within play therapy. Finally, we will explore how to utilize expressive arts for your own self-care as a play therapist.
- Participants will identify the history of expressive arts in play therapy.
- Participants will identify 3 different expressive art therapy modalities that can be used in play therapy.
- Participants will demonstrate the use of being present throughout the use of expressive arts in a play therapy session.
- Participants will discuss and demonstrate how to set up the space for an expressive arts experience, how to invite clients to the experience and how to be a witness to the art with clients in play therapy.
- Participants will apply integrating expressive arts into their play therapy theory of choice.
- Participants will describe and apply how to use expressive arts for self-care as a play therapist.
APT Approved Provider 16-457
Payment and Cancellation Policy: Payment is due at the time of registration. Cancellations made at least 30 days before date of course will receive a full refund of registration cost. Cancellations made less than 30 days before date of course may transfer their registration fees to an alternative course or request for a partial refund. In the event a registered participant does not cancel and does not attend (no-show), the registration fees will not be eligible for refund or transfer. *All refunds and transfers are at the discretion of Meraki Institute of Learning and Tanager Place.