Tanager Place is pleased to announce the creation of two new virtual support groups to help the community through these unprecedented times. (Author’s note: A third group for adults was added April 21. See below.)
VIRTUAL CAREGIVER SUPPORT GROUP
Beginning April 14, Tanager Place will host a Virtual Caregiver Support Group each Tuesday at 2 p.m. via Zoom. There is no charge to join the group, which is open to all parents and caregivers (Tanager Place clients and the general public).
- Connect with other parents/caregivers looking for support
- Learn strategies to engage with children during social distancing
- Improve your ability to balance work, personal life and parenting
- Discuss needs and challenges in a safe space
Caregivers interested in participating should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation. Click the Caregiver Support Group graphic to access a PDF with additional information.
HIGH SCHOOL SUPPORT GROUP
On April 15, Tanager Place will be offering a High School Support Group each Wednesday at noon. There also is no charge to be part of this group, and all area high school students are welcome to join. Students who choose to participate do not need to be existing Tanager Place clients.
- Connect with other teens
- Enjoy a safe space to discuss needs and challenges
- Get strategies for social distancing
- Learn how to adapt to this “new normal”
Students interested in participating should send an email to email@example.com for an invitation. Click the High School Support Group graphic to access a PDF with additional information.
ADULT SUPPORT GROUP
On Tuesday, April 21, Tanager Place will launch a virtual support group for adults (not geared toward parents or caregivers). The group will meet weekly, on Tuesdays at noon. Just like our other support groups, there is no charge to join these meetings and participants do not need to be existing clients of Tanager Place.
This group offers:
- an opportunity for adults to connect with peers to offer and receive support
- strategies for managing daily stress, coping with the unknown and managing grief related to COVID-19
- ways to better balance work, personal life and relationships
- a safe space to express needs and experiences
Adults interested in participating should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for an invitation. Click the Adult Support Group graphic to access a PDF with additional information.
VIRTUAL SUPPORT GROUPS: SAFETY FIRST
Tanager Place takes safety very seriously. To help ensure virtual support groups provide a safe space:
- Only the Tanager Place host can control chat access
- Only the Tanager Place host can share a screen
- If necessary, the Tanager Place host will mute participants
- If necessary, the Tanager Place host will remove participants
Joining a Tanager Place virtual support group is voluntary. If at any time participants feel uncomfortable, they can leave.