The Tanager Place Training & Education Center invites submissions of proposals to present at the 2020 Resiliency and Trauma-Informed Care Symposium. Tanager Place welcomes dynamic proposals that address a wide range of topics related, but not limited to, building resiliency in children and families who have experienced trauma. Be a part of this valuable professional development experience in Cedar Rapids by networking and sharing your insight, innovative solutions, and strategies with hundreds of educators, social service providers, and community members from across the region.
We are seeking proposals for breakout sessions that will complement the message of our keynote speaker, Dr. Tina Payne Bryson. Dr. Bryson is the Founder and Executive Director of The Center for Connection, a multidisciplinary clinical practice, and of The Play Strong Institute in Pasadena, CA. She is a pediatric and adolescent psychotherapist who makes frequent media appearances, keynotes conferences, provides consultations, and conducts workshops all over the world.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to build your platform through presenting at the third annual Tanager Place Symposium!
The breakout sessions will be an opportunity for speakers to share their insights and strategies with attendees from across the region. Proposals should focus on generating conversations and making connections among symposium attendees. We invite submissions from individuals on these suggested topics:
- Restorative practices
- Trauma informed policies and procedures
- Developing a trauma informed agency/school
- Self-regulation strategies – younger children or older children
- Mind body connection
- Sensory based healing
- Teaching emotional expression
- Resiliency in the classroom setting
- Using creative arts to foster resilience and healing
- Social emotional learning
- Cultivating resilience
- Creating regulatory environments
- Fostering self-awareness
- Clinical trauma informed practices
- Connection based parenting
- Trauma informed/resilience based behavior support plans
- Other resiliency and trauma-informed topics