Tanager is pleased to announce applications are now being accepted for the Bridge to the Future scholarship program for 2024.
Thanks to a generous $1M anonymous donation to Tanager in 2019, scholarships are available to support individuals who have utilized Tanager programs and services in pursuing their secondary education goals. The program aims to cater to students’ diverse needs, offering awards for traditional college courses, trade school attendance, or further academic endeavors at a community college.
CEO Okpara Rice expressed great privilege in aiding young individuals who have benefited from Tanager services in pursuing their educational aspirations. “Witnessing these students’ enthusiasm for the next phase of education brings immense joy.”
This scholarship program is unique in the fact that previous scholarship recipients are eligible to re-apply for additional funding if they are continuing to pursue their educational goals.
Scholarships are awarded on an annual basis and not automatically renewed. Students must re-apply each spring for awards for the following academic year. To be eligible to apply for a Bridge to the Future Scholarship, a student must:
- Have been a Tanager client for a minimum of six months within the last two calendar years.
- Meet criteria of FAFSA and provide FAFSA score on application.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be admitted as a full-time student to an accredited, in-state, post-secondary educational institution, including (but not limited to) community colleges, private colleges, public universities, online course offerings, vocational programs, and certification studies. The Scholarship Committee may use discretion to make exceptions as necessary.
- Submit a completed application no later than 4:00pm on April 19, 2024. Applications are available from area high school counselors or online at tanagerplace.org/scholarships
- Completed applications are accepted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by US postal mail at:
Bridge to the Future Scholarship Committee
2309 C Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
The deadline to receive completed applications is April 19, 2024 by 4:00 PM. A selection committee will announce the award recipients in late May. This year more than $66,500 will be awarded to children who have benefited from Tanager services (an increase of more than $4,000 over the amount distributed in 2023).