At Tanager Place, it is never too early to prepare for the upcoming holidays. We look forward to the many ways we can work together to make a difference for children and families in need this season. Find below details for our 2020 programs. Please let me know in what way you might like to participate in this year.
- Angel Tags/Sponsor a Family donors purchase gifts for families and kids in our programs who are in need of support during the holidays. Many of our families have no other means of celebrating during the holiday season if it wasn’t for generous donors like you. Items are collected during the holidays and are provided to our Community Based, Outpatient Clinic and Inpatient families. You will receive a specific family (or families) based on the number of tags requested. You can request a spreadsheet of gifts to disperse yourself or Tanager Place will provide you with the individual tags.
- Adopt a Cottage -donors purchase holiday gifts for the children in our Inpatient Program to be opened on Christmas morning. We have 4 cottages, each of which has 10-12 children. This is a special program for our kids and an opportunity to directly impact children with a caring message from the community. These gifts are kept and put out by staff on Christmas Eve so that the children can enjoy a visit from Santa on Christmas morning. If a child celebrates another holiday then the gifts for them are available during that celebration.
- Adopt a Tanager Place Program -become change agents for some of our special programs. A wish list is prepared for Camp Tanager, Tanager Place Expressive Arts Program, Inpatient Recreation, Inpatient Basic Needs and our Outpatient/Community Based Programs.
- Other Options: –share in the holidays with organized gift card tags, hat and mitten trees and board game drives.
Another holiday option that helps benefit our Expressive Arts program is:
- Cards with a Cause –holiday themed cards made with portions of artwork by the children in our Expressive Arts Program. All proceeds from the sale of these cards go to the Expressive Arts Program which relies completely on donations. Cards are appropriate for holiday and year-round giving. These can be ordered at: https://live-tanager-place.pantheonsite.io/cards-with-a-cause/
Join us this year by participating in one or more of these holiday programs. Please reach out with any questions or for more information, my contact information is included below.
We are grateful for all the families, organizations and companies who work with us to help Tanager Place children and families during the holidays and throughout the year. Thank you in advance for your support. You help Make It Possible!
For more information contact:
Jennifer Hodgden | Advancement Assistant & Data Specialist
Tanager Place | 2309 C St SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
email@example.com | 319-365-9165 ext. 470